3 Reasons I Love Beauty & the Beast
In honor of the new Beauty & the Beast release (I might be a little excited), I want to share some thoughts.
My husband was so kind to take me to see it on opening night at Disney Springs (see some pictures below). The animated version captured my heart as a little girl and Emma Watson is a big inspiration to me. Personally, I really enjoyed it. Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, and the whole cast are so talented, I thought they did very well. The film was beautiful on an artistic level and entertaining. I don’t want to say too much online, but I will say this Beauty and the Beast fan was pleased.
For me, great books and movies are more than just entertainment, I like to ponder what they made me feel and consider what stands out in a meaningful way. Below are three top reasons I love Beauty & the Beast in general (the cartoon and movie). And I included a trailer, in case you weren’t already drooling to go see it. =-)
3 Reasons I love Beauty & the Beast…
- I adore and relate to Belle’s love of books! Reading and writing are such vital tools for personal and relational development, so I love seeing a fairytale heroine avidly reading stories.
- Belle’s gown is yellow and gold, a color scheme which is a favorite of mine (perhaps because yellow is symbolic of happiness, hope, and optimism).
- She looks at the world through the lens of inner beauty (there is an awesome life lesson there). And in the Beauty & the Beast story, we see the characters learning the important lesson about not to judge a book by its cover. These concepts are very dear to me. I’m a big believer in looking for the good in people. It seems like when we try to find the good in ourselves and others, we pull those good traits up out of hiding and keep them alive, verses pulling out our bad qualities.
Beauty & the Beast 2017 Movie Trailer
Some More Fun Beauty & the Beast Videos
Beauty & the Beast Cast Members Finish Disney Song Lyrics
(Will They Remember the Words?)
Lindsey Stirling as Belle
(Beauty & the Beast Performance)
Also, I’m a big fan of Lindsey Stirling. Her new Beauty & the Beast video is pretty cute too…
Why I’m Inspired by Disney…
On the topic of Beauty and the Beast, I thought I’d also discuss fairytales and Disney a little. Some of us may be bigger Disney fans than others. Some may not be much into Disney at all. Whatever the case, I can speak for this fantasy writer… I love Disney. I would absolutely attribute much of my love of fairytales to Disney stories that took me to other worlds and touched my heart over the years. And really, isn’t that what good fantasy stories do? They look at life from a new perspective. So, I thought I’d share a little Disney love in today’s post (hover over the images below to scroll through my Disney Pinterest board).
My Disney Love Pinterest Board:
Top 5 Disney Quotes from Inc.:
1. “Venture outside your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it.” –Rapunzel (Tangled)
2. “All it takes is faith and trust.” — Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
3. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” — Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh)
4. “Even miracles take a little time.” — Fairy Godmother (Cinderella)
5. “If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.” — Gusteau (Ratatouille)
I hope all of this leaves you inspired today! =-)
So, where do you stand? Are you excited about the 2017 Beauty & the Beast movie?
Do any of those Disney quotes inspire you? How do you feel about fairytales?
Featured Beaty & the Beast Image Copyright Info (Public Domain): http://degrassi.wikia.com/wiki/File:Beauty_and_the_Beast_-_OTP.gif